Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disease. not infectious disease and not contagious Found about 1-2 percent of the world’s population. Psoriasis is found in all ages. both children and adults women and men But most often this disease is found between the ages of 15-30 years.
at present The exact cause is not yet known. But there is evidence that psoriasis is not related to sensitive skin ผิวแพ้ง่าย . But it is a disease caused by a genetic disorder. and from abnormal immune system responses As a result, the rate of shell division in the skin layer is faster than usual. Therefore causing a thick red scaly rash, however, that heredity It’s not in the way that When a father or mother has psoriasis You must be with you every time. But if a family member has a history of psoriasis You are at risk of developing psoriasis. About half of people with psoriasis There will be at least one family member with the disease.
In addition, external factors affect the incidence of disease. and disease progression as well Factors that provoke rashes include mental stress. Other system infections of the zen body Another infection is caused by bacteria, peeling, scratching, or scratching the skin. Changes in hormone levels, certain drugs, alcohol
Psoriasis rashes come in many forms:
The local chronic form (Psoriasis vulgaris or Plaque type psoriasis) is the most common. The skin is inflamed as a raised red rash with clear edges, covered with white flakes or silvery scale, and may extend from a small blister. It is thick and large. They are often found in areas with friction or scratching, such as elbows, knees, back, hips, and scalp.
Guttate psoriasis is common in children after respiratory tract infections. This usually resolves on its own after the infection has been treated.
Pustular psoriasis occurs if improperly treated with oral or steroid injections.
Psoriatic erythroderma (red rash all over the body)
Psoriasis inversus is not scaly.
Psoriasis is often associated with nail disorders such as subungual hyperkeratosis, pitting nails, and the nail plate is not attached to the base of the nail. Onycholysis, yellow or orange patches on the nails (oil spot or salmon patch), and other systemic disorders that are common include psoriatic arthritis, metabolic syndrome, which including high blood pressure Hyperlipidemia, diabetes and ischemic heart disease
Treatment guidelines depend on the severity of the disease. and the area of Roy Road The rash is approximately the size of one palm, equivalent to an area of approximately 14 of the body surface area. should be evaluated for treatment and appropriately monitored by a doctor The treatment guidelines are as follows:
- Mild severity: the rash is less than 10% of the body surface area. Treat with topical drugs first, such as topical agents containing corticosteroids, tar, and vitamin D derivatives. (Calcipotriol)
- Severe : rash more than 10% of body surface area. To be treated with oral medications such as Methotrexate, Acitretin, Cyclosprin, artificial sunlight. (Phototherapy) and biologic agents such as Etanercept, Infliximab, Ustekinumab.
If given appropriate standard treatment will be able to control the psoriasis road to calm that patients can live with others in society as normal However, psoriasis patients need ongoing medical care. To monitor symptoms periodically, so should not change treatments continuously.
- Patients, relatives and close people should understand that Psoriasis is not a contagious disease. and should encourage the patient to make the patient feel comfortable and live in society normally
- Always inform your doctor that you have psoriasis. Because some medications can cause rashes to recur.
- Always exercise. because of having a healthy body and mind This will help control the symptoms of the disease better. and reduce the chances of disease in the abdominal obesity syndrome found with psoriasis as well
- Understand that Psoriasis is a chronic disease that cannot be cured. that brand of cream The decoction of this sect Psoriasis can be cured. surely not the truth
- Buy your own medicine.
- Not getting enough rest.
- Drink alcoholic beverages.
Can psoriasis rash be cured?
Psoriasis is a chronic disease that does not go away. The same is true for diabetes or high blood pressure. that require treatment and periodic follow-up checks
Herpes zoster is a viral disease caused by Varicella zostervirus (VZV), the same strain that causes chicken pox, and most people who get it will get it and get chickenpox. already From childhood or adolescence After being infected with V2V, even after having recovered from chickenpox But the infection will still lurk in the various nerve ganglia, usually in the ganglia where the chickenpox rash occurs the most. Each person tends to have a rash in a different location, such as face, body, arms and legs.
When our bodies are weak, stressed, have little rest, or are in a state of low immunity. Whether it is caused by diseases such as diabetes, cancer, HIV infection. AIDS, as well as receiving various types of immunosuppressive drugs It may also cause VZV that is sleeping in our ganglia. can show symptoms Usually, shingles occurs on only one side of the body. That means having sensitive skin ผิวแพ้ง่าย doesn’t result in shingles, but caused by the weakness of the body
Symptoms: Red blisters, blisters, clumps, arranged along the nerve (dermatome) after the blister ruptures. It will be a wound covered with scabs. Often there is a burning pain. At first there may be pain without a rash. It may be misleading that It is a migraine when there is pain in the head. Heart disease when pain in the chest is a gastritis or gallstones when the pain in the stomach
The location of the rash depends on whether when having chickenpox Where is the rash most spread on the body? Because the infection will lurk in the ganglion in that area. If there is shingles on the face in certain locations, it can affect the eyes and ears. Because it is the location where the same nerve is fed, it is important to see a doctor to assess the severity of the disease. including consulting an ophthalmologist or otolaryngologist for further care But if the immune system of the body is normal There is usually no spread of V2V into the internal organs.
If the rash spreads from the nerve line throughout the body Or spread into internal organs means that our immune system is not good. The more cases of bruised shingles, the more likely the underlying cause of the immune deficiency is to be investigated. Thus, even if we are immunocompromised, it does not cause a shingles rash that looks like a wrapped snake-like line. one
Pain and tingling at the lesion area can occur all the time before the rash appears. Until the rash disappeared for months, the pain persisted. especially in the elderly The pain was more and longer. Found about 50 in patients aged 50 years and over and found in 70% of patients aged 70 years and over, some may have very severe pain. until it interferes with sleep and quality of life
- Antiviral drugs such as Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir.
- Nerve pain relievers such as Gabapentin, Pregabalin
- Local wound care, such as treating the wound with saline compress (until the wound is dry), applying antimicrobial
- Shingles Vaccine but it is not yet compulsory in Thailand. because the price is quite high It is recommended for people over 6 years of age because the vaccine is not 100% protective if someone who has been vaccinated has had shingles again. The vaccine is also helpful in reducing nerve endings. that will happen to the patient
- Stay healthy.
- Get enough rest, not stress.
- Take decoctions, pot pills, and bolus that may contain steroids. which will suppress the body’s immunity resulting in various types of infections or the original infection has relapsed
Why does herpes zoster depend on only one side of the body? So what is the cause of the two elephants going up?
Shingles occur along the nerves of the body. Which will be divided into 2 sides that are symmetrical if the shingles occur on both sides of the body It indicates a low or impaired immunity resulting in the spread of the infection across the nerves.