Research studies on the use of cannabis in the treatment of symptoms and diseases
Helps control epilepsy (Epilepsy): epilepsy patients account for 1% of the world’s population. And found that 20-30% of patients still can’t control their seizures using existing drugs, so research is needed to find new drugs. In animal trials using CBD, CBD is highly anticonvulsant (a good anticonvulsant) and has no neurotoxicity. Subsequently, clinical trials were conducted on patients who experienced uncontrollable seizures. When anticonvulsants were given 200-300 mg of CBD kaufen daily for 8-18 weeks, 37% of the patients had no seizures throughout the study, and another 37% showed significant improvement. However, a side effect has occurred in people taking CBD, namely drowsiness.
- Further research with CBD alone has allowed us to understand the mechanism of action of CBD better. A clinical study of Epidolex® (GW Pharmaceuticals), which contains CBD as the active ingredient, found that it could be used to treat non-convulsive seizures. It can be controlled with intractable epilepsy, such as Dravet and Lennox-Gastaut syndromes, and was approved by the US FDA in November 2018 to treat both types of seizures.
- Reduce the pressure in the eye in glaucoma patients (Glaucoma): Glaucoma is a disease caused by degeneration of the optic nerve terminals. Resulting in vision loss due to high intraocular pressure THC, 0.01-0.1% eye drop solution has been studied to reduce intraocular pressure and found that 0.05-0.1% THC can reduce intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients. But it’s only a short-term effect of 2-3 hours. However, this drug has been found to cause undesirable effects during use. Therefore, the development of recipes Formulation and dosage form design may help address the issue.
- Prevent and treat brain atrophy Neurodegeneration and neuroprotection 4,5: An experimental study in Parkinson’s patients in the UK using cannabis extracts and nabilone found that both agents did not affect the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. receptors (CB1, CB2) in 1988 (1988). It was found that the use of substances in the group of acid cannabinoids and endocannabinoids was found. There is no conclusive evidence in treating brain disorders such as Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and Cerebral ischemia/stroke, which are associated with alterations in the amount of CB1 and CB2 in brain cells. But there are many substances in the CB1/CB2 agonist/antagonist and endocannabinoids. currently undergoing clinical testing.
- Antianxiety effect: Cannabinol may have an antianxiety effect based on the history of CBD kaufen use for relaxation in the past. However, the mechanism of action is complex and has not been fully explained. Clinical reports show that the use of Fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitors (FAAH inhibitors), which belong to the group. Endocannabinoids can reduce anxiety symptoms. Many of these compounds are currently undergoing clinical testing.
- Anticancer effect: In 1975, Munson et al. were the first researchers to report that THC inhibits the growth of lung cancer cells and inhibits tumor growth. Cancer in lab rats After that, more research has been done on the subject and found that several compounds in the group of Cannabinoids (THC, CBD kaufen) and Endocannabinoids (methanandamide, JWH-133; HU-210; WIN55, 212-2) 4,7,8 Can resist the growth of various types of cancer cells. It can be achieved by inhibiting angiogenesis and reducing metastasis in many cancers by inducing program cell death and inhibiting the growth of cancer cells.
Induction of cell-cycle arrest and antiangiogenic effect 7,8This group of substances is currently being studied in clinical studies. Cannabinoids combined with chemotherapy temozolomide have also been found to reduce the growth of glioma xenografts significantly, and a similar study has been reported in HU-210. Can enhance the anticancer drug Paclitaxel and drug 5-Fluorouracil, too 8.